Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Gospel of Strength - The Source of Strength - Soul!

What we need is strength; who will give us strength? There are
thousands to weaken us and of stories we have had enough. Every one of
our Puranas, if you press it, gives out stories enough to fill three-
fourths of the libraries of the world. Everything that can weaken us
as a race we have had for the last thousand years... Therefore, my
friends, as one of your blood, as one that lives and dies with you,
let me tell you that we want strength, strength, and everytime
strength. And the Upanishads are the great mine of strength. Therein
lies strength enough to invigorate the whole world; the whole world
can vivified, made strong, energised through them.

Strength, strength is what the Upahishads speak to me from every
page. This is the one great thing to remember, it has been the one
great lesson I have been taught in my life. Strength, it says,
strength, O man, be not weak. Are there no human weaknesses? - says
man. There are, say the Upanishads, but will more weakness heal them?
Would you try to wash dirt with dirt? Will sin cure sin? Will weakness
cure weakness? Strength, O man, strength, say the UPanishads, stand up
and be strong.

First step in getting strength is to uphold the Upanishads, and
believe - "I am the soul," "Me the sword cannot cut; nor weapons
pierce; me the fire cannot burn; me the air cannot dry; I am the
Omnipotent, I am the Omniscient." So repeat these blessed saving words
and be strong.

No comments: